What should you do at the scene of an accident?
1. Stop immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
2. Assist injured. Have someone call police.
3. Secure names, addresses and phone numbers for all parties involved and witnesses.
4. Secure make, model and license numbers of all cars.
5. Make a rough drawing of the scene, showing positions of the cars and other details.
6. Don’t hastily accept any claim settlements at the scene of the accident.
7. Remain calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident.
8. Notify your insurance company as soon as possible. Usually your insurance company claims or emergency number will be located on your Insurance ID Card.
Download our app which includes accident support and many other great features.